What can the NYLearnsPH.com LMS do for you?
NY Learns Spotlight December 2017
The LMS is for you if you:
- Are responsible for completing, delivering or tracking staff training
- Need to know and report on how many people contact and/or complete your training to meet training goals / grant deliverables
- Need to keep your or your staff’s knowledge and skills up to date and would like to track all of your or your staff’s continuing education in one place
The NYLearnsPH.com LMS provides a portal to a wealth of online and in-person public health training, all in a single predictable location on the web. The LMS is available to register and track participation in and completion of competency-based public health training. All New Yorkers can use the tool, including state and local health department staff, community-based partners, contractors, allied health professionals and the general public.
The LMS is a self-directed tool that allows learners to search for, enroll in, complete and maintain a record of their continuing education. Learners can access information about new training opportunities through announcements, a calendar, and course and program catalogs. There is even a competency self-assessment tool to help learners identify their individual skill gaps and receive targeted course recommendations to address them.
Manage training and learners
In addition to learner tools, the LMS can provide you and your staff with the tools to manage training and learners, alike. Now all training can be connected, centrally tracked, and accessible to those who need it, when they need it.
The LMS has three basic administrator roles:
- Training administrators can:
- Promote their courses by listing them in the course catalog; displaying them on the LMS calendar, create course announcements, and link courses to competencies and competency self-assessments;
- Assign co-administrators to help manage course sections and registrants;
- Allow open enrollment or control access by targeting your course to specific agencies; require supervisor/administrator approval; set class size limits and maintain waitlists;
- Print or export rosters for use with mail merges to create name tags, mailing labels, or sign-in sheets;
- Communicate with learners through mass-email and messaging with attachment functionality;
- Record attendance, deliver online quizzes and evaluations;
- Set attendance and quiz rules to trigger course completion;
- Track requests for continuing education credits and provide course completion certificates.
Agency Administrators can:
- Manage and monitor only the learners (e.g., staff) they are responsible for;
- Guide staff development by requiring courses or assigning roles for competency self-assessment;
- Monitor staff development by viewing learning transcripts and self-assessment histories.
Note: An “Agency” can represent something as large as a Department, Center, or Division and can be broken down into units and sub-units (e.g., Bureausand Programs) and sites. Make this a footnote?
Global Administrators (for DOH staff only) can:
- Manage all aspects of the LMS, approve courses, link competencies to roles to create self-assessments, link courses together to create training programs, manage and report on all trainings and users, and create new administrators.
All Administrators can report on course enrollment and completion based on their permissions.
Login or register at: www.NYLearnsPH.com.
For more information, email: email@example.com or call 518-473-4223
Office of Public Health Practice, New York State Department of Health