Job Type: Full-time
CLERICAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE
• Assist with the substantive work of the organization by providing administrative support services to managers and staff.
• Adhere to all policies and procedures.
• Complete and submit weekly time/work reports.
• Maintain safety of all NYSACHO equipment and records.
• Liaison for postage machine and copiers/printers.
• Take inventory of and order educational materials as needed.
• Make weekly assessment of office supplies and order as necessary.
• Distribute daily mail.
• Maintain shared office calendar.
• Update Outlook email distribution lists as needed.
• Maintain NYSACHO information and Immunization email account.
• Assist with uploading of documents, job postings, meeting minutes and changes in the directory to the NYSACHO webpage.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Provide customer service to members as needed.
• Attends membership meetings in Albany and manages registration table.
• Log details of member inquiries and follow feedback loop when appropriate.
• Present a friendly, professional demeanor in all communication with members and stakeholders on the phone and in person.
• Provide technical assistance by sending member query responses to membership and tracking results.
• Assist with job announcements, screening applications and scheduling interviews as necessary.
• Assist with onboarding new employees, new hire orientation and paperwork as needed.
• Assist with off boarding employees as needed.
• Contribute to NYSACHO culture by helping to organize social events and employee celebrations.
• Contribute ideas to continually improve operations workflow and customer service.
MEETING AND EVENT PREPARATION
The following responsibilities pertain to all NYSACHO sponsored meetings including: Board of Directors, Member, Immunization, Committee, and Consolidated Contract meetings, among others:
• Schedule appointments, conference calls, and meetings as requested.
• Take meeting minutes as directed.
• Compile meeting packets and handouts.
• Build member surveys as requested and enter evaluation responses into databases.
• Prepare and follow-up on invoices for association meetings, events and products.
• Coordinate with facilities and vendors to support education and training events.
• Participate in contract-related activities, as required, involving making arrangements and preparation of materials for other educational events as specified year to year in contract deliverables.
• Send thank you emails to all meeting presenters as directed.
FISCAL SUPPORT AND ORGANIZATION
• Log and scan incoming invoices and payments received.
• Log and copy weekly paid invoices according to contract.
• Assist with preparation of materials required for annual audit.
• Prepare and mail annual dues notices and statements. Track receipt of dues payments.
• Maintain and submit all travel and expense reports on a timely basis.
• Obtain certificates of workers comp and disability insurance when policies renew and send to government contract liaisons.
• Assist with reviewing voucher documents, verifying that they are accurate for each contract.
• Providing support to the NYSACHO financial management company.
• Bachelor’s or Associate degree.
• 2-3 years of previous work experience in nonprofit setting preferred.
• Ability to effectively communicate with members, management and staff.
• Strong planning and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects under the pressure of deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team.
Salary: Starting annual salary range: $41,000-$44,000.
Please submit cover letter, resume and writing sample to Sarah Ravenhall, MHA, CHES, NYSACHO Executive Director, via email to: email@example.com or mail resume and cover letter to: Sarah Ravenhall, Executive Director, New York State Association of County Health Officials, One United Way, Albany, New York 12205.