Job Type: Full-time
The NYSACHO Public Health and Event Planning Specialist provides support with day-to-day operations of the organization and serves as a liaison between County Health Officials and their staff. This person will coordinate all event planning responsibilities; support membership queries; review guidance and regulations; and facilitates meetings for membership or partners. The ideal candidate will possess strong customer service skills, demonstrate adaptability when assigned to new tasks and enjoy working within a flexible, fun and hardworking team oriented environment.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
MEMBER AND EVENT PLANNING SUPPORT
• Assist local health departments statewide to strengthen their individual and collective capacity, through support services as directed by the Executive Director, Program Directors and Project Managers at NYSACHO.
• Coordinate logistics for membership meetings including but not limited to booking venues; coordinate event room set-up; selection of menus; meal counts and AV requirements; prepare meeting packets; conduct speaker outreach when needed and provide logistical follow-up.
• Assist with virtual meeting registration and attendance follow up as directed.
• Update the NYSACHO website with membership materials, shared resources, meeting details and more.
• Provide customer service to members in person, by phone, and by email.
• Draft letters to various stakeholders, lawmakers or partners related to public health advocacy as needed.
CONTRACT ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
• Support work related to contract deliverables outlined for consolidated contract and immunization contract as directed by respective Program Directors.
• Engage with contract partners at the New York State Department of Health as needed.
• Provide technical assistance to local health departments as requested through researching best practices, evidence-based journal articles, composing membership queries, reviewing state guidance, identifying sections of NYS public health law/regulation, etc.
• Take meeting minutes, edit, and post minutes to website as assigned.
• Participate in NYSACHO committee meetings or call as needed, assisting with the members only portion of meetings and other tasks to be determined.
• Support Directors with compiling monthly contract reporting requirements as needed.
• Perform other duties, as required.
• Subscribe to relevant weekly/monthly publications; extract information and circulate to staff for inclusion in newsletter, social media, etc.
• Provide staff support for meetings and conference calls as needed.
• Initiate membership meetings monitor attendance and registration, provide welcome remarks to members, support members during meeting introduction.
• Bachelor’s degree in community or public health or related field and/or equivalent experience.
• At least 2-3 years of experience working in public health or nonprofit setting.
• Ability to effectively communicate with members, management, and staff.
• Strong ability to write effective, clear, and timely reports, proposals, and other documents.
• Strong planning and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects under the pressure of deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team.
• Must have a current valid NY State driver’s license and provide own transportation.
Salary: Starting annual salary range: $41,000-$44,000.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to:
Sarah Ravenhall, Executive Director
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
All applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.