Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: Executive Director and accepts work delegated by Executive Director, Program Director, Program Manager, Communications Manager, and/or other project management staff.
Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time, 8am-4pm
EVENT PLANNING TASKS
- Assists managers and directors with pre and post event coordination of events, including, but not limited to: venue selection and booking, attendee registration, updating meeting agendas, sponsor benefit packages, speaker communication, vendor follow-ups, preparing meeting materials, meal selection and counts, AV requirements and other support as needed.
- Working with office assistant to ensure meeting evaluations are complete.
- Providing on-site support at events, including set-up, registration/walk-ins, and other tasks as needed.
- Producing nametags for event registrants using Microsoft Excel, Publisher or Word mail merge.
- Assist administrative assistant and fiscal manager with follow-ups on invoices for association meetings and events.
- Drafting email communications, including sponsor confirmations and updating events section of website.
- Communicating with organization’s strategic partners and vendors as needed.
- Event registration processing and data entry using web-based database.
- Assist with answering questions about membership and events by phone, mail, email.
- Maintenance of event calendars in outlook.
- Scheduling conference calls and webinars.
- Taking meeting minutes as needed.
- Other tasks as directed.
- Assists with substantive work of the organization by providing administrative support services.
- Completes and submits weekly time reports.
- Maintain and submit on a timely basis, all travel and other expense reports.
- Maintain safety of all NYSACHO equipment and records.
- Adhere to all agency policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties, as required.
- Associate’s Degree in Hospitality Management, Communications or related field.
- At least 1 year work experience in customer service, communications, hospitality industry or non-profit organization.
- Must possess upbeat, positive attitude and demonstrate overall willingness to help team members and partners achieve success.
- Must have strong communication skills; superb ability to manage multiple projects at once with attention to detail; excellent verbal, written and proofreading skills; ability to work both independently and as part of a team and must be self-motivated with proactive approach to projects and an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects under the pressure of deadlines.
- Previous experience securing venue/hotel contracts preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Travel and overnight stays within NYS will be required.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to learn how to utilize new software and registration programs. Experience in constant contact (or similar marketing software) a plus.
Preferred start date: February 1, 2019. Position location: New York State Association of County Health Officials (NYSACHO) Albany, New York.
Please submit cover letter, resume, writing sample and references to Sarah Ravenhall, MHA, CHES, NYSACHO Executive Director, via email to: email@example.com.
It is the policy of NYSACHO to provide equal opportunity in employment, training and promotion without discrimination because of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability or illness, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender affiliation, military/veteran status, political/union affiliation, record of convictions (unless otherwise precluded by statute), or any other classification protected by federal, state or local statute, regulation or ordinance.