Examples of Duties:
– Assesses patient nursing care needs and prepares and carries out a nursing care plan;
– As assigned, provides professional nursing services in a TB health clinic and follows up on treatment and examination of potential patients and their families;
– Supervises sub-professional nursing personnel;
– Is responsible for observing symptoms and carrying out diagnostic procedures ordered by the physician;
– Prepares and applies dressings, gives medication and nursing and therapeutic treatment as prescribed by physicians;
– Instructs patient or members of patient’s family in regard to patient’s diet, health habits, the carrying out of treatments at home and rehabilitative measures as authorized by the physician;
– Performs related services for patients in the prevention of illness and the attainment of maximum health;
– Makes contact with appropriate social services or health agencies as necessary to assure patient needed service or follow-up care;
– Maintains a variety of records and prepares reports.
Graduation from a school of nursing approved by the State Education Department from a course approved by such department as qualifying for Registered Professional Nurse.
Eligibility for a license issued by the State of New York to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse. Possession of the license at the time of appointment.
Salary: $55,476 + $400 for each full year of service working for Albany County up to 3 years ($1,200 total)
To apply, submit an Albany County Civil Service Application (www.albanycounty.com/civilservice) with resume and cover letter to:
Director of Public Health Nursing
Albany County Dept. of Health
175 Green Street
Albany, NY 12202