Examples of Duties:
– Serve as risk communicator for department in coordination with County Communications Specialist;
– Coordinate development and implementation of communication plan for the department;
– Prepares and provides health education programs as needed, which includes direct teaching;
– Researches the identification of target groups with special health needs and develops education and communication strategies to meet those needs;
– Develops and implements community outreach plan for utilization of health department services;
– Works with media organizations to disseminate information on agency health services, health hazards, issues and problems as directed;
– Maintains a clearinghouse of public health information;
– Identifies special health needs for special demographic groups and develops ways to communicate with those groups regarding health services and issues;
– Drafts health outreach written materials;
– Acts as Health Department representative on local health-related councils or task forces;
– Prepares and files reports and assists in preparation of Community Health Assessments and Community Health Improvement Plan;
– Performs other duties as required.
A. Bachelor’s Degree in Health Education and two (2) years’ experience in health education; OR,
B. Bachelor’s Degree in a health-related field and four (4) years’ experience in health education; OR,
C. Master’s Degree in Health Education or Public Health and one (1) year of experience in health education.
Twenty-four (24) months’ permanent status as a Public Health Educator.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Valid NYS Driver’s License and use of personal vehicle is required.
CIVIL SERVICE STATUS: Candidate will be subject to civil service examination.
Salary: $62,737 plus $400.00 for each complete year of service working for Albany County up to three full Years ($1,200 total).
Date Posted: February 07, 2023
Application Deadline: February 18, 2023
To apply, submit an Albany County Civil Service Application (www.albanycounty.com/civilservice) with resume and cover letter to:
Charles H. Welge, III
Director of Public Health Planning and Education
Albany County Dept. of Health
175 Green Street
Albany, NY 12202