Job Type: Full-time
The full time (35 hours per week) position includes excellent benefits and compensation. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.
The NYSACHO Program and Membership Engagement coordinator provides support with day to day operations of the organization and serves as the primary liaison with County Health Officials and their staff. This person proposes new ideas for membership engagement and benefits; creates weekly membership newsletters; identifies unique ways to spotlight members; and facilitates meetings for membership or partners. The ideal candidate will possess strong customer service skills, demonstrate adaptability when assigned to new tasks and enjoy working within a fun and hardworking team oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in community or public health or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in public health setting.
- Familiarity with local health department function and familiarity with NYS Early Intervention Program or demonstrated willingness to learn preferred.
- Ideal candidate will be adaptable to the changing needs of the organization and is comfortable working in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with members, management and staff.
- Ability to write effective, clear and timely reports, proposals and other documents.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with keen attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects under the pressure of deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team.
- Travel and overnight stays required (travel costs covered by employer).
- Must have experience using constant contact, survey monkey, social media platforms or equal communications driven technology platforms.
Salary: Salary Range: $39,000-43,000, negotiable based on previous experience and qualifications.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Mail resume and cover letter to: Sarah Ravenhall, MHA, CHES
New York State Association of County Health Officials
One United Way, Pine West Plaza
Albany, New York 12205