Preferred start date: January 6, 2019. Position location: Albany, New York.
The full time (35 hours per week) position includes excellent benefits and compensation. It is the policy of NYSACHO to provide equal opportunity in employment, training and promotion without discrimination because of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability or illness, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender affiliation, military/veteran status, political/union affiliation, record of convictions (unless otherwise precluded by statute), or any other classification protected by federal, state or local statute, regulation or ordinance.
Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
The responsibilities of NYSACHO’s Office Assistant will include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. This individual will support employees through a variety of tasks related to organizational operations and membership communication. The candidate we are looking for will display strong written and verbal communication and excellent interpersonal skills. Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and follow-through without sacrificing quality or accuracy is a must. Ability to work both independently and in teams desired.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
CLERICAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE
• Assist with the substantive work of the organization by providing administrative support services to managers and staff.
• Complete and submit weekly time/work reports.
• Maintain safety of all NYSACHO equipment and records.
• Adhere to all policies and procedures.
• Distribute daily mail.
• Liaison for postage machine and copiers/printers.
• Make weekly assessment of office supplies and order as necessary.
• Maintain shared office calendar.
• Update Outlook email distribution lists as needed.
• Take inventory of and order educational materials as needed.
• Maintain NYSACHO information and Immunization email account.
• Report various building concerns to building manager.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Provide customer service to members as needed.
• Attends membership meetings in Albany and manages registration table.
• Log details of member inquiries and follow feedback loop when appropriate.
• Present a friendly, professional demeanor in all communication with members and stakeholders on the phone and in person.
• Provide technical assistance by sending member query responses to membership and tracking results.
MEETING AND EVENT PREPARATION
The following responsibilities pertain to all NYSACHO sponsored meetings including: Board of Directors, Member, Immunization, Committee, and Consolidated Contract meetings, among others:
• Schedule appointments, conference calls, and meetings as requested.
• Take meeting minutes as directed.
• Compile meeting packets and handouts.
• Build member surveys as requested and enter evaluation responses into databases.
• Prepare and follow-up on invoices for association meetings, events and products.
• Coordinate with facilities and vendors to support education and training events.
• Participate in contract-related activities, as required, involving making arrangements and preparation of materials for other educational events as specified year to year in contract deliverables.
• Send thank you emails to all meeting presenters as directed.
FISCAL SUPPORT AND ORGANIZATION
• Maintain and submit all travel and expense reports on a timely basis.
• Log and stamp incoming invoices and payments received.
• Obtain certificates of workers comp and disability insurance when policies renew and send to government contract liaisons.
• Assist with preparation of materials required for annual audit.
• Prepare and mail annual dues notices and statements. Track receipt of dues payments.
• Log and copy weekly paid invoices according to contract.
• Prepare monthly fiscal contract backup.
• Scan and send monthly contract documentation with vouchers.
• Maintain files of monthly vouchers, both in hard copy form and electronically.
• Bachelor’s or Associate degree.
• 2-3 years of previous work experience in nonprofit setting preferred.
• Ability to effectively communicate with members, management and staff.
• Strong planning and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects under the pressure of deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team.
Salary: Hourly Rate: $16-$20
Please submit cover letter, resume and writing sample to Sarah Ravenhall, MHA, CHES, NYSACHO Executive Director, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail resume and cover letter to: Sarah Ravenhall, Executive Director, New York State Association of County Health Officials, One United Way, Albany, New York 12205.