Job Type: Full-Time/Temporary
NYSACHO Program Manager PFL-VE 3-23
Reports to: Executive Director/Program Directors
Classification: Temporary position (Through end of June 2024 with possibility for extension), Full-Time, Exempt, 35-hour work week
The NYSACHO Public Health Program Manager will oversee contract deliverables and support local health departments through coordination of in person trainings for project first line and vaccine equity contracts, provide technical assistance, guidance interpretation and research public health best practices in support of requests from local health departments. Reporting to the Program Directors and Executive Director, the Program Manager will provide clear updates on progress of contract deliverables and assist with reporting requirements.
The ideal candidate will possess a willingness to travel to meetings statewide, strong organizational skills, superb writing skills, offer innovative suggestions and ideas for better supporting the work led by NYSACHO members, track and monitor event registration, demonstrate adaptability when assigned to new tasks and enjoy working within a flexible, fun, and hardworking team-oriented environment.
While this is a temporary position, with the anticipated contract period ending June 2024, there is a possibility of an extension in the position and there is a great deal of opportunity for visibility and connection to other jobs in the public health sector.
- Assist LHDs to strengthen their individual and collective capacity, through membership support services.
- Develop agendas for contract related meetings, both virtual and in person.
- Represent LHDs on statewide coalitions, task forces or committees as assigned.
- Presenting to or providing updates to members, and facilitating contract hosted events contract deliverables.
- Serve as Program Manager for the Project Firstline contract and support deliverables related to Vaccine Equity contract.
- Oversee, coordinate, and manage assigned staff for all contract activities, including:
- Coordinate, plan and implement deliverables related to project first line staff including conducting a needs assessment, developing trainings in partnership with a subject matter expert (SME) to support LHD staff.
- Develop training materials and programs in conjunction with hired project first line SME.
- Coordinate the development of promotional, registration and program materials for contract-related activities.
- Supervise program and administrative staff and interns for contract-related activities in coordination with Executive Director and Project Directors.
- Assist in drafting and development of contract proposals.
- Provide narrative reports of consolidated contract program activities on a timely basis.
- Monitor/track budgets for contract-related deliverables in conjunction with Fiscal Contract Compliance Manager.
- Direct and review work with facilities and vendors as needed to support education and training events.
- Serve as liaison with NYSDOH or other contract agencies on implementation of program activities.
- Provide technical assistance to members on contract-related subject matter.
- Support completion of vaccine equity deliverables under contracts managed by the senior program manager and/or Project Executive, as needed.
- Design, draft and edit NYSACHO publications, promotional materials, meeting announcements, communications to membership.
- Develop/assist in development of presentations for membership and/or outside organizations.
- Deliver presentations for membership or outside organizations, as requested.
- Direct outside consultants on communications-related work as assigned by Program or Executive Directors.
- Assist with the substantive work of the organization by providing program support services.
- Provide programmatic and administrative support to Program Director and other
managerial staff as needed.
- Complete and submit weekly time/work reports.
- Maintain and submit on a timely basis, all travel, and other expenses reports.
- Maintain safety of all NYSACHO equipment and records.
- Adhere to all agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required, MPH, MPA or master’s degree in related field preferred. 5 years experienced preferred.
- Strong writing and computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, Qualtrics/SurveyMonkey or other data collection tools.
- Able to work independently.
- Attentive to accuracy and detail.
- Travel and overnight stays within NYS required (approximately 1x per month).
- Must have a current valid NY State driver’s license and provide own transportation.
Salary: $52,500 - $59,000 / year
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail resume and cover letter to:
Sarah Ravenhall, Executive Director
New York State Association of County Health Officials
8 Airport Park Blvd.
Latham, New York 12110
The full time (35 hours per week) position includes excellent benefits and compensation. It is the policy of NYSACHO to provide equal opportunity in employment, training and promotion without discrimination because of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability or illness, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender affiliation, military/veteran status, political/union affiliation, record of convictions (unless otherwise precluded by statute), or any other classification protected by federal, state or local statute, regulation or ordinance.