There is currently one vacancy in the title of Community Health Nurse located at Tompkins County Health Department in the Special Care needs division. The eligible list resulting from this continuous recruitment, training and experience (T&E) examination may be used to fill all appropriate full-time, part-time, and/or temporary Community Health Nurse vacancies that occur in the Tompkins County Health Department. Candidates will be limited to one year of eligibility on the list.
The Community Health Nurse works as a Service Coordinator for the Children with Special Needs Division in the NYS Early Intervention Program servicing families of children birth to age 3 with developmental delays. This job requires excellent communication skills, organizational skills, ability to work with families in the home, network with community resources, and coordinate a team approach with therapists and the family to best meet the needs of the child and problem solve with the team to
make changes in the child’s plan.
Other duties include working with the children and families as they leave the EI program to transition to the school district, make referrals to community resources for other basic needs of the family. Assists other Community Health programs at TCHD when needed. Intensive orientation is provided.
(a) A Bachelors Degree in nursing from an approved program AND one year of full-time paid (or the equivalent part-time and/or volunteer) nursing experience in a hospital, health related facility, community/home health agency or skilled nursing facility; OR
(b) A Bachelor’s degree in nursing from a non-approved program supplemented by content that can be equated to the approved program AND one full year of full time paid (or the equivalent part-time and/or volunteer) nursing experience in a hospital, health related facility, community/home health agency or skilled-nursing facility; OR
(c) RN with an Associate’s Degree or a Diploma Degree in Nursing AND two years’ experience as a registered nurse in a hospital,health-related or skilled-nursing facility, or community/home health agency.
1. All applicants must possess a valid New York State Registered Professional Nurse’s license at the time of application and maintain such license and current registration for the duration of employment.2. All applicants are required to possess a valid New York State Driver’s License at the time of application and maintain such license for the duration of employment.
3. All applicants must possess CPR certification (American Red Cross or American Heart Association) at the time of application and maintain such certification for the duration of employment.
4. All applicants must demonstrate completion of coursework or training in infection control approved by the NYS Department of Health and the NYS Education Department by providing a valid certificate at the time of application and maintain such certification for the duration of employment
Salary: $30.07 per hour - 2019 Hire Rate
Along with your Tompkins County electronic employment application, please submit the supporting documentation:
1. A student copy of your College transcripts
2. A copy of your current NYS Nursing license
3. Continuing Education Unit (CEU) Certificates, or other In-service Education certificates
4. A copy of your CPR certification
5. A copy of your valid NYS driver’s License