– Establish positive, productive, and professional, relationships with families assigned by the supervisor;
– Identify the needs of families on case load, meeting with families to hear directly their needs, then organize schedule to accommodate needs of the families;
– Assist families in learning about community services and identifying and acting independently in asserting their needs and desires;
– Assist families to maximize social and emotional strengths and physical health;
– Ensure that families have identified a primary health care provider, and that family members are receiving essential medical services;
– Assess family functioning and make appropriate referrals for additional resources and services as necessary;
– Serve as advocate/liaison between family and other service providers;
– Maintains clerical flow of work and prepares reports as required.
Possession of a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma.
1. Valid NYS driver’s license.
2. Ability to work flexible hours including evening.
Salary: $33,926 + $400 for each year of service working for Albany County up to 3 years ($1,200 total)
To apply, submit an Albany County Civil Service Application (www.albanycounty.com/civilservice) with resume and cover letter to:
Kathleen DeThomasis, RN, BSN
Director of Public Health Nursing
Albany County Dept. of Health
175 Green Street
Albany, NY 12202