Sarah Ravenhall, MHA, CHES Executive Director
Sarah is your key liaison at NYSACHO for all association activities. She supports the organizational needs of the Board, President and Vice President, committees and other governance and support units of the membership, provides administrative leadership and fiscal management for all NYSACHO grant and association activities. She serves as the key contact with the New York State Department of Health, the New York State Association of Counties, academic partners, including the federally funded Region 2 Public Health Training Center, and other state agencies and statewide organizations. Sarah represents NYSACHO on a number of statewide coalitions. She is NYSACHO’s registered lobbyist and is the main point of contact on all advocacy issues with the Legislature and Governor’s office. Sarah also represents NYSACHO with NACCHO and works with other SACCHOs to share best practices and advocate on federal issues. Sarah joined NYSACHO in 2017.
Members should contact Sarah first about:
- Association governance, finance and organizational development
- Grant activities
- Policy and advocacy issues
- Public health leadership efforts
- Suggestions for improvement to NYSACHO’s member services
Sarah's Back-upSarah’s primary back-up is the NYSACHO team. In Sarah’s absence, Cristina is in charge; when both are unavailable, contact Robert.
Cristina Dyer-Drobnack, MS Program Director
Cristina’s primary responsibilities include coordination of the association’s core grant activities and support for association advocacy work. She plays a lead role in the development, planning, direction and supervision of education and public health leadership programs for all local health officials and LHD staff. Cristina also provides technical assistance to local health departments on state public health statute and regulations and legislative tracking and analysis. She is the lead staff person assigned to NYSACHO’s, Finance/Admin and Environmental Health Committees and the main contact for all subject matter committees’ advocacy work. Cristina joined the NYSACHO team in 1994.
Members should contact Cristina first about:
- Member meeting content/topics
- Finance/Admin, Environmental Health committee related topics
- Home Care/Home Visiting (CHHA/LHCSA) related topics
- Technical assistance regarding state laws, regulations, proposed legislative or regulatory changes
- Information on state budgets and legislation (proposed or enacted)
- Program information regarding the Annual Public Health Summit for Commissioners and Public Health Directors and New Commissioners/Directors orientation (when offered)
- Public health leadership and development contract related deliverables, events and meetings
- Advocacy and other content on or for the NYSACHO web site and Facebook page
- Campaign to ImmuNYze All New Yorkers website, social media and print materials content
Cristina's Back-upCristina’s primary back-up for program issues is Robert Viets. Her primary back-up for event logistics is Cheryl Gerstler.
Robert Viets Project Manager and Webmaster
Robert is NYSACHO’s primary professional staff contact for NYSACHO’s Immunization Grant activities, including the management and planning for all Immunization-related educational activities and meetings. Robert is the primary professional staff contact for NYSACHO’s Public Health Emergency Preparedness contract program activities. Robert serves as lead staff person for NYSACHO’s Disease Control and Emerging Issues Committees on non-advocacy related matters. Robert joined the NYSACHO team in 2006.
Members should contact Robert first about:
- Disease Control and Emerging Issues Committee related topics
- Immunization activities and events
- Informatics and other collaborative projects with NYSDOH
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness grants/activities
- Web site job postings and content for Programs, Calendar of Events, Job Postings and Member Resources
- Technical difficulties encountered when accessing the NYSACHO web site
- NYSACHO Committee lists and involvement
Robert's Back-upRobert’s primary back-up for program issues is Cristina Dyer-Drobnack. His primary back-up for event logistics and registration is Cheryl Gerstler.
Peggy DiManno, BSN, MS Special Project Executive
Peggy is the contact person you should call for questions and information about several of the special projects/grants of NYSACHO, including the Region 2 Public Health Training Center for the NYS local performance site. Peggy also serves as lead expert on Public Health Accreditation support and Prevention Agenda issues. Peggy was active with NYSACHO as a member for many years before retiring as Assistant Commissioner, Albany County Department of Health. She started working part-time with NYSACHO in 2007.
Peggy's Back-upPeggy provides additional program support to NYSACHO’s Immunization and Education and Training Grants. Her primary back-up is Sarah Ravenhall.
Environmental Health Associate
This position covers Environmental Health and General Public Health Work activities provided under NYSACHO’s Education and Training Grant, and assists in developing, conducting and providing training on various environmental health (EH) issues across NYS. This staff person serves as the primary staff liaison to the NYS Conference of Environmental Health Directors (CEHD) on non-advocacy issues related to Environmental Health.
Members should contact first about:
- Environmental Health topic webinars or calls
- Annual Environmental Health Summit.
- NYSCEHD website and meetings
- Status or content only questions about State and Federal bills on EH activities
's Back-upCristina Dyer-Drobnack is the primary supervisor/back-up for this position's program activities and is also the contact for Environmental Health related advocacy issues
Nancy Schiesel Fiscal, Contract & Compliance Manager
Nancy is responsible for the day-to-day fiscal management of NYSACHO. In that capacity, she acts as fiscal liaison with NYSACHO’s external bookkeeping firm, auditor, and public and private grantors. Nancy joined the NYSACHO team in 2015.
Members should contact Nancy first about:
Nancy's Back-upNancy’s primary back-up for fiscal and contract administration issues is Sarah Ravenhall.
Cheryl Gerstler, M.ED. Manager, Communications, Membership Engagement and Public Health
Cheryl is the administrative lead on all items related to communications and membership engagement. In this capacity, Cheryl produces and distributes NYSACHO’s weekly web digest, which highlights public health news, resources and training opportunities each week. She also serves as the primary liaison for Early Intervention contract deliverables and manages event logistics for all association events. Cheryl joined the NYSACHO team in 2015.
Members should contact Cheryl first about:
- Membership engagement
- Early Intervention contract supported calls, webinars and meetings
- Presenter/Event related travel arrangements and reimbursement (including Board meetings)
- Communications/Branding including NYSACHO web digest
Cheryl's Back-upCheryl’s primary back-up for administrative work is Caryl English. Cheryl’s primary back-ups on program work are Sarah Ravenhall, Cristina Dyer-Drobnack and Robert Viets.
Caryl English Office Assistant
Caryl is the main staff contact for questions related scheduling and meeting and event registrations.
Members should contact Caryl first about:
- Event logistics questions
- Directory/Member information updates to the NYSACHO website and database
- Member to member queries
- Regular member meeting notices, registration, including dial-in and webinar information
- Scheduling for Sarah Ravenhall and other managers