Sarah Ravenhall, MHA, CHES Executive Director
Sarah is your key liaison at NYSACHO for all association activities. She supports the organizational needs of the Board, President and Vice President, committees and other governance and support units of the membership, provides administrative leadership and fiscal management for all NYSACHO grant and association activities. She serves as the key contact with the New York State Department of Health, the New York State Association of Counties, academic partners, including the federally funded Region 2 Public Health Training Center, and other state agencies and statewide organizations. Sarah represents NYSACHO on a number of statewide coalitions. She is NYSACHO’s registered lobbyist and is the main point of contact on all advocacy issues with the Legislature and Governor’s office. Sarah also represents NYSACHO with NACCHO and works with other SACCHOs to share best practices and advocate on federal issues. Sarah joined NYSACHO in 2017.
Members should contact Sarah first about:
- Association governance, finance and organizational development
- Grant activities
- Policy and advocacy issues
- Public health leadership efforts
- Suggestions for improvement to NYSACHO’s member services
Sarah's Back-upSarah’s primary back-up is the NYSACHO team. In Sarah’s absence, Cristina is in charge; when both are unavailable, contact Robert.
Cristina Dyer-Drobnack, MS Public Policy/Program Director
Cristina’s primary responsibilities include maintaining an in-depth knowledge of all core public health services, including analysis of annual state budget, legislation, and proposed regulatory changes impact on public health policy, local health department funding, and operational impacts. She plays a lead role in the development, planning, direction, and supervision of education and public health leadership programs for all local health officials and LHD staff. Cristina also provides technical assistance to local health departments on state public health statutes and regulations and legislative tracking and analysis and serves as the mentor for NYSACHO’s Policy Interns. She is the lead staff person assigned to NYSACHO’s, Finance/Admin, and Environmental Health Committees and the main contact for all subject matter committees’ advocacy work. Cristina joined the NYSACHO team in 1994.
Members should contact Cristina first about:
- Member meeting content/topics
- Finance/Admin, Environmental Health committee related topics
- Home Care/Home Visiting (CHHA/LHCSA) related topics
- Technical assistance regarding state laws, regulations, proposed legislative or regulatory changes
- Information on state budgets and legislation (proposed or enacted)
- Program information regarding the Annual Public Health Summit for Commissioners and Public Health Directors and New Commissioners/Directors orientation (when offered)
- Public health leadership and development contract related deliverables, events and meetings
- Advocacy and other content on or for the NYSACHO web site and Facebook page
- Campaign to ImmuNYze All New Yorkers website, social media and print materials content
Cristina's Back-upCristina’s primary back-up for program issues is Robert Viets. Her primary back-up for event logistics is Laura Gibson.
Robert Viets Program Director
Robert is NYSACHO’s primary professional staff contact for NYSACHO’s Immunization Grant activities, including the management and planning for all Immunization-related educational activities and meetings. Robert is the primary professional staff contact for NYSACHO’s Public Health Emergency Preparedness contract program activities. Robert serves as lead staff person for NYSACHO’s Disease Control and Emerging Issues Committees on non-advocacy related matters. Robert joined the NYSACHO team in 2006.
Members should contact Robert first about:
- Disease Control Committee related topics
- Immunization activities and events
- Informatics and other collaborative projects with NYSDOH
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness grants/activities
- Web site content for Programs, Calendar of Events, Job Postings and Member Resources
- Technical difficulties encountered when accessing the NYSACHO web site
- NYSACHO Committee lists and involvement
Robert's Back-upRobert’s primary back-up for program issues is Cristina Dyer-Drobnack. His primary back-up for event logistics and registration is Laura Gibson.
Molly Fleming, MPH Senior Program Manager
Molly is the primary contact for NYSACHO’s Vaccine Equity grant activities, as well as the lead staff member for all Early Intervention matters. This includes the management, planning, and scheduling of all Vaccine Equity and Early Intervention activities and providing related support and TA to members. She also assists with managing NYSACHO’s social media and communications activities and improving member engagement. Molly joined the NYSACHO team in 2019.
Members should contact Molly first about:
- Vaccine Equity related topics, calls and meetings
- Early Intervention related topics, calls and meetings
- MCH related topics
- Suggestions for the Weekly Web Digest
- Suggestions for Social Media
Molly's Back-upMolly's primary back-up for program issues is Cristina Dyer-Drobnack and Robert Viets. Her primary back-up for event logistics is Laura Gibson and Sarah Montuori.
Melinda Lippert, MPH, CHES Senior Program Manager
Melinda serves as the primary liaison for NYSACHO’s Consolidated Education and Training Grant activities and Region 2 Public Health Training Center activities. This includes the management and planning for all Consolidated-related educational activities, webinars, and meetings. She also supports Early Intervention matters, Environmental Health, and General Public Health Works. Melinda is a co-coordinator for the Annual Commissioner/Director Summit. She serves as the staff lead for NYSACHO’s Rural Counties Committee. Melinda is a Certified Health Education Specialist, and she is knowledgeable about public health practice and maternal and child health. Melinda joined the NYSACHO team in 2022.
Members should contact Melinda first about:
- Consolidated Education and Training related topics, calls and meetings
- Region 2 Public Health Training Center programs and activities
- Education and public health leadership for LHD staff
- Workforce training and development
- PHAB Accreditation Questions
- Community Health Rankings Information
- Rural Counties Committee related topics
Melinda's Back-upMelinda's primary back-up for program responsibilities is Cristina Dyer-Drobnack and Robert Viets. Her primary back-up for event logistics is Laura Gibson and Sarah Montuori.
Emily D'Angelo, MPH Program Manager
Emily serves as the primary liaison at NYSACHO for activities pertaining to climate change, substance use disorders (SUD), and harm reduction. Additionally, Emily supports NYSACHO’s work in emergency preparedness, environmental health, and other areas of public health. She is knowledgeable about water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) preparedness, wastewater surveillance, and aquatic health and safety. Emily joined the team at NYSACHO in 2022.
Members should contact Emily first about:
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Harm Reduction and SUD Prevention
- Workforce Training and Development
- Core Public Health Services
- PHAB Accreditation Questions
Emily's Back-upEmily’s primary back-up is Sarah Ravenhall.
Kayla Dise Reporting and Compliance Manager
Kayla plays a key role at the association by minute taking tasks, overseeing 501c3 compliance responsibilities, completion of contract reporting responsibilities, supporting JCOPE lobbying requirements and supporting financial auditing requirements. She helps to prepare back up narratives for activities/deliverables for all NYSACHO grant-funded contracts. She is the go-to for any needs regarding electronic and hard copy files for each grant-funded project. Kayla also provides assistance by assuring nonprofit governance requirements of Board Bylaws are met. Kayla joined the team in 2020.
Members should contact Kayla first about:
- Emerging Issues Committee related topics
- Minutes from meetings
- Contract Deliverables
- Board Bylaws
Kayla's Back-upKayla's primary back-up for questions is Sarah Ravenhall.
Sarah Montuori Operations Specialist
Sarah plays a key role in the organization by ensuring the efficient operation of the NYSACHO office. She handles all administrative, fiscal and human resources related tasks, including scheduling, meeting coordination, county job postings, member queries, directory information, invoices, etc. Sarah joined the team in 2021.
Members should contact Sarah first about:
- Updates to the NYSACHO website and database
- Member to member queries
- Directory/Member information
- County job postings on the NYSACHO website
- Regular member meeting notices, registration, including dial-in and webinar information
- Scheduling for Sarah Ravenhall and other managers
Sarah's Back-upSarah’s primary back-up for questions is Sarah Ravenhall or Kayla Dise. Her back-up for Directory/Member information updates is Robert Viets.
Laura Gibson Program and Event Planning Specialist
Laura plays a key role at NYSACHO in the organization and coordination of the programs and events for its members. She manages all event operations such as booking venues, scheduling speakers, and negotiating with vendors to acquire the most favorable terms for the event. Laura oversees the events to ensure the event is running smoothly and act quickly to resolve any problems that could occur. She also helps with updating the NYSACHO website with membership details, shared resources, and meeting details. Laura provides assistance to the Senior Program Manager with social media creations, postings, and NYSACHO’s weekly Newsletter. Laura joined the NYSACHO team in 2022
Members should contact Laura first about:
- Support for meetings and conference calls
- All event operations
- Assistance with virtual meeting registration and attendance
- Technical assistance with local health departments
Laura's Back-upLaura’s primary back-up for questions is Molly Fleming and Sarah Ravenhall.
Peggy DiManno, BSN, MS Special Project Executive
Peggy is the contact person you should call for questions and information about several of the special projects/grants of NYSACHO, including the Region 2 Public Health Training Center for the NYS local performance site. Peggy also serves as lead expert on Public Health Accreditation support and Prevention Agenda issues. Peggy was active with NYSACHO as a member for many years before retiring as Assistant Commissioner, Albany County Department of Health. She started working part-time with NYSACHO in 2007.