– Gives skilled nursing care and prescribed treatments to patients in their homes and clinics and demonstrates nursing care to patients and families;
– Serves as a team leader in providing of nursing services;
– Coordinates plans for service with nutritionists, social workers, physical therapists, physicians and other professional workers concerned with individual and family health care;
– Counsels and guides individuals and families toward self-help in recognition and solution of physical, emotional and environmental health problems;
– Provides nursing services in clinics and schools;
– Teaches classes, addresses groups and participates in community planning related to nursing and health;
– Participates in the conduct of surveys and studies related to health matters;
– Compiles and uses records, reports and statistical information for evaluation and planning of the assigned programs.
Graduation from a New York State or regionally accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
1. Current license and registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State; and,
2. A valid New York State driver’s license.
Salary: $60,961+ $400 for each year of service working for Albany County up to 3 years ($1,200 total)
To apply, submit an Albany County Civil Service Application (www.albanycounty.com/civilservice) with resume and cover letter to:
Kathleen DeThomasis, RN, BSN
Director of Public Health Nursing
Albany County Dept. of Health
175 Green Street
Albany, NY 12202