Job Type: Full-time
The Onondaga County Health Department is a nationally accredited health department located in Central New York. The department is recruiting a full-time Medical Director. The position involves responsibility for the medical oversight and administrative direction provided to medically-related health programs including Communicable Disease Control, Environmental Health, Healthy Families, Lead Poisoning Prevention, Cancer Services, Public Health Preparedness, and Employee Health. Reports to the Commissioner of Health.
As a well-recognized local health department, we are leading the comprehensive pandemic response in Onondaga County since the beginning: from case investigations and contact tracing to testing and now vaccination. The Medical Director has been an important part of this work.
• Medical and/or clinical consultation to health programs including direct patient care, prescriptions, laboratory orders, standing orders, and other orders as needed for clinical teams.
• Acts as liaison between the Health Department and medical programs in the community, the NYS Health Department, and Centers for Disease Control as needed.
• Acts as a public health consultant to local doctors and other organizations.
• Supports the Onondaga County Health Department Quality Assurance, Quality Improvement and Performance Management programs.
• Provides on-call service support during non-business hours.
Must be proficient in public health, epidemiology, and infectious diseases. MD degree from a medical school or equivalent professional degree recognized by the New York State Education Department. Board-certified or board-eligible. Possession of a current license to practice medicine in the State of New York.
Please submit a cover letter detailing qualifications meeting the above requirements and a resume to CathyClark@ongov.net and CynthiaClift@ongov.net by February 19, 2021.