Supporting Your Local Health Department
NYSACHO works to:
- Facilitate communication between LHD leadership and New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) relative to policy issues and progress towards meeting State and Federal emergency preparedness deliverables.
- NYSACHO provides logistical and other support to maximize LHD participation in public health preparedness training and exercises in collaboration with NYSDOH.
Focus areas include:
- Pandemic preparedness and response.
- Mass fatality planning.
- Community engagement to improve local planning related to vulnerable populations.
- Public health preparedness informatics activities.
NYSACHO’s Emergency Preparedness project is designed to support and enhance Local Health Department (LHD) planning and response to public health emergencies.