Distinguishing Features of this opportunity are…
Performs public health nursing activities with individuals, families, community stakeholders and healthcare providers in accordance with agency mission and goals; Under supervision of the Supervising Public Health Nurse, incumbent will plan, implement and promote community health initiatives in accordance with evidenced based practices; activities include but are not limited to: disease prevention, surveillance, investigation, mitigation, and promotion of population health. The Public Health Nurse may oversee other staff to ensure programmatic requirements are accomplished.
Typical illustrative* work activities will include, but are not limited to…
– Conducts disease surveillance and investigations; Develops and implements program related work-plans according to the New York State (NYS) Aid requirements and Prevention Agenda focus areas;
– Provides appropriate population health prevention outreach activities;
– Educates healthcare providers, community stakeholders and the public regarding a wide range of public health related topics;
– Teaches classes, addresses groups, and participates in community planning related to health topics;
– Utilizes statistical data for planning, implementing and evaluating program activities; Participates in the conduct of surveys and studies related to public health matters; Provides skilled nursing care to client(s) in a variety of settings; Maintains current knowledge of community resources and refers client(s) appropriately;
– Participates in scheduled and unscheduled emergency preparedness activities;
– Completes program and on-call coverage as assigned to ensure twenty-four (24) hour agency accessibility to the community.
*Typical Work Activities are intended only as illustrations of possible types of work that might be appropriately assigned to an incumbent of this title. Work activities that do not appear above are not excluded as appropriate work assignments, as long as they can be reasonably understood to be within the logical limits of the job.
Required performance, knowledge, skills and abilities are…
Knowledge of public health programs and standards; proficient in nursing skills required to provide patient care in a variety of settings; ability to plan and coordinate nursing care for individuals, families and groups; communicates effectively; skill in operating basic computer programs; establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships; seeks and implements expert guidance when applicable; ability to perform duties in accordance with American Nurses Association (ANA) Code for Professional Nurses; acceptable physical and mental health to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
Minimum Qualifications for this position are…
Must possess a baccalaureate degree or higher, in nursing from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university, as well as licensure and current registration to practice as a registered professional nurse in New York State.
Possession of a valid New York State Driver’s license or otherwise demonstrate their ability to meet the transportation needs of the job.
Qualified candidates may submit their application, resume, by mail or in person as follows:
ATTN: Personnel Officer – Civil Service Division
Saratoga County Human Resources Department
40 McMaster Street
Ballston Spa, New York 12020
Applications will continue to be accepted until the position has been filled.
Applications are available in the Human Resources Office or on our website, www.saratogacountyny.gov.
Resume MAY NOT be substituted for Application. No Fax Submissions.
**This position will be filled on a “provisional” basis, pending the results of a civil service exam to be scheduled at a later date.**
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquires to the Human Resources Office. Saratoga County is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where diversity is valued and recognized as a source of strength and enrichment. We seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures, and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, those with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.